Providing individual & couples counseling.
Treatment specialization includes:
- Depression and Anxiety -These are perhaps two of the most prevalent disorders that clients come to me with. It is also perhaps the most misunderstood. Addressing both the symptoms and the underlying causes can provide considerable long term success.
- LGBT and Sexual Identity Issues- We live in time of ever changing attitudes and acceptance of sexual identity. We also live in times where the attacks on the LGBT community are increasing. If you are or have been facing these issues you know first hand the internal struggle this creates. Perhaps your front is loud and proud but internally you struggle with issues of self worth, self doubt and poor self image.
- Substance Abuse-What might begin as a benign drink to relax or the occasional substance use to “party” or loosen up can soon become a problem. While I don’t tell someone they are an alcoholic or addict I do guide them to a place where they can identify for themselves if the substance use or abuse is interfering with their life, affecting relationships, negatively impacting their work life or moving from a point of feeling you are losing your choice to use the substance.
- Trauma & PTSD- Trauma is not about what happened as much as it is about how you internalized it. What message did the event give you about yourself? It may have happened long ago and while you still had the memory it may have begun to interfere with your life in hard to understand ways.
- Relationship Issues– Relationships can be the most rewarding experiences one can imagine. They can also tap into some of our most deeply held insecurities. In some cases what most attracts us to an individual can become what drives us away.
- Grief Counseling– Grief has specific stages. The stages are listed in order but in practicality those stages do not occur in order or they may overlap. Grief from past events can be triggered in the here and now.
- Addiction & Recovery– We live in a time of technology where we literally have at our fingertips instant access to a number of potentially addictive behaviors. There are many behaviors that fall into this category. What I see more and more of is addiction to pornography, sexual behaviors, gambling and spending to name a few.
- Video or Phone Sessions (Contact me for specifics)
I work with a wide range of emotional and behavioral issues providing services that span from therapy for depression and grief counseling to parenting support, couples counseling and beyond.
In a comfortable and supportive atmosphere, I offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each of my clients individual needs to help attain the personal growth they’re striving for.
Technology is transforming the way we live and do business. It’s not different in the Psychotherapy arena. For clients outside my immediate area I provide either video or phone sessions. Reach out and get more specifics.